Caramelised apples, honey and ice cream
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- This recipe uses Acacia Honey
Try out our caramelised apple recipe with honey and ice cream – a divine medley of texture and flavour that’s irresistible and easy to make.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the apples and cook them gently for 4-5 minutes, turning often.
- Spoon in the honey and add the cinnamon, sultanas and lemon juice.
- Cook over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, until the apples are tender and the sauce is a rich golden brown.
- Share between 4 plates or bowls and serve with the ice cream.
- Tips: Add a pinch of ground ginger or a little sliced stem ginger to the apples for a warming flavour if the weather’s really cold. For a change, try plums or pears instead of apples.